We want you to be happy and healthy, that’s why we’re here.
Get better services and to know more information about the services we provide scroll down or click here.
Having reconstructive surgery on your nose is a life-changing decision. It can transform your facial looks and the way you feel about yourself. This is why choosing the right rhinoplasty surgeon for the procedure is important. But how do you find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Miami?
Tip # 1: Find Out Whether Your Cosmetic Surgeon is Board Certified
Often, we implicitly trust medical boards to ensure that surgeons are properly trained and qualified. However, this typically is not the case, as the federal government does not explicitly require surgeons to have any specific rhinoplasty training. Besides, doctors versed in general surgery complicate the situation when they advertise cosmetic surgery services hoping to increase their revenues. For this reason, it is advised that you should only consult board-certified surgeons. This is why the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery was created to exclusively address issues of training, education, and certification for rhinoplasty surgeons.
Tip # 2: Enquire About a Surgeon’s Experience
Typically, cosmetic surgeons utilize a variety of surgical skills for operating on different parts of the body. For instance, a mammoplasty differs from a rhinoplasty as the latter involves working with the nasal bone, breathing passages, and cartilaginous tissues whereas the former deals with soft tissues. Given that, surgeons can have sub-specializations within the cosmetic surgery field. You should opt for a surgeon who is board certified to practice rhinoplasty and has substantial experience.
Tip # 3: Ensure that the Procedure is Conducted in an Accredited Facility
According to regulations set by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, any procedure requiring the use of anesthesia should be conducted in an accredited facility. Why this requirement? Accredited facilities meet strict quality standards for personnel, equipment, and general client safety. For a facility to be accredited, it must obtain, retain, and maintain its accreditation status. Plus, these facilities are expected to comply with regulations set by federal regulatory agencies.
Tip # 4: Find More About a Surgeon’s Hospital Privileges
Finding more about a surgeons hospital privileges is a useful way of determining their qualifications. Hospitals typically conduct extensive background checks before granting any surgeon the privilege of practicing within their facilities. So, if your chosen surgeon has these privileges, it is a good indication of his competency and reputation in rhinoplasty.
Tip # 5: Ensure That the Surgeon is a Good Fit
Schedule a consultation to find out whether a surgeon is a good fit. During the consultation, pay attention to the surgeon’s demeanor, body language, and overall etiquette. A surgeon’s manner and personality will reveal to you how he will conduct the procedure as well as how he will handle the postoperative phase.
Tip # 6: Consider A Surgeon’s Aesthetic Appeal
It is a widely known fact that beauty is a subjective concept. Given this reason, don’t rely on a friend’s recommendation or a surgeon’s claims when selecting a surgeon. Carefully, evaluate the responses of all surgeons that you interview. Then again, you might be wondering how to do so? Below are a few points to keep in mind when evaluating the suitability of a surgeon.
- Review before and after photos: browse through a surgeon’s past clients before and after photos to assess the consistency of results.
- Consider taking a selfie with you for the consultation. This will help you reference how well the surgeon can meet your rhinoplasty needs.
Tip # 7: How Do the Surgeon and Staff Make You Feel?
A rhinoplasty means much to your self-esteem, ego, and reputation. However, it can be challenging accepting your new look. For this reason, you need to feel a 100% relaxed with the surgeon and his staff during the procedure. Only choose a surgeon whom you like and trust with your safety as well as one who can deliver the results you expect.
Tip # 8: Beware of Price Bargains
If offered a bargain that sounds too good to be true, often it is. However, cheap procedures often escalate surgery costs especially if revisions or complications arise. Though low stickers or Groupon deals may tempt or appeal to you, usually, there are concerns about the advertising.
Use the above tips to help you choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Miami capable of meeting your unique needs. Be aware that a good surgeon reputation, good rapport, and impressive credentials can’t guarantee superb results. However, they mark the beginning of a good relationship between your surgeon and you.
A staggering $7 billion was spent on cosmetic surgery in the United States alone. More and more people are looking to get under the knife to change things about themselves. But still, a large number of people refrain from turning to plastic surgery by insisting that there are significant risks to the whole practice. Although plastic surgery has greatly innovated and developed over the years; significant complications remain. In this article, we will look some of those risks that need to be considered before going under the knife.
- The two most requested plastic surgeries are breast augmentation and facelifts. Although liposuction is also favoured; these two remain a class above. Both these procedures leave the patients with the risk of developing hematoma; hematoma is a bruise that is a large pocket of blood. Most surgeries result in hematomas but the frequency of hematomas is higher in people going under the knife.
- Breast augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure that can lead to a lot of complications. One other major complication is nerve damage. Around 15% of women state that they have completely lost sensation in their nipples after breast augmentation. After the surgery, if you feel any sort of numbness or tingly feeling, go to your doctor as soon as possible to see what the issue is.
- Infection is one of the most common types of complication that is seen in plastic surgeries. Although post-operative care is given to people who go under the knife, a small but significant number of people still face the possibility of contracting an infection that can make things very complicated. Cellulitis infection is one of the most common types of infection that people tend to contract and requires immediate care. The infection can be internal or external and in some case would require IV antibiotics to combat the infection.
- Liposuction leads to some of the more serious complications to patients. The surgical probe used in liposuctions can at times come in contact with internal organs. If the probe does come in contact with an internal organ, it can lead to visceral perforations on the organ. The perforations need to be treated immediately, which then would require further surgery. The perforations are at times fatal as well. It is to be noted that scarring is seen to occur in 2%-6% of people who go under the knife, but treating visceral perforations to the organ can lead to even more scarring.
The famous quote that goes “Think before you leap”, should be changed to “Think before you go under the knife”.
The minute your doctor says that plastic surgery is for everyone, warning signals need to be raised. For the simple reason that not everyone in the world is an ideal candidate for plastic surgery; the reasons why plastic surgery is not suitable for everyone is as follows:
- You’re doing it for the wrong reasons.
- Your past medical history prevents you from undergoing surgery.
Let us first look at reason number 1; most people have the wrong idea that plastic surgery will drastically change their lives. If you’re someone who is looking at plastic surgery as a way to look better or give you that extra bit of confidence, then you would be an ideal candidate. But the big misconception is that people expect one surgery to completely transform their lives. When that result doesn’t appease the person, they tend to go under the knife more often to reach those expected results. But in the end either end up being addicted to plastic surgery or end up facing adverse psychological issues. If your doctor doesn’t ask you why you’re doing this surgery and then doesn’t advice you against doing it while you’re undergoing a massive issue such as losing a job or falling out of a relationship, you need to find a new doctor.
There have been well-documented cases of people falling prey to the addiction of plastic surgeries; after a point, they become extremely unrecognizable and are at a place where they believe that the next surgery will be the answer to all their problems. You as an individual have to understand that a minor change in appearance alone will not get you that dream job nor would it impact your outlook on the world.
The second reason is a lot more serious, considering that your previous medical history can easily cause complications during your surgery. Your doctor needs to look at all past medical records and understand the gravity of the situation. Most people who have had botched surgeries later reveal that they have had a medical condition that would have prevented them from going under the knife. Not only does the doctor have a responsibility, so do you. Therefore disclose all previous conditions that you may have, this would help the doctor to adjust and adapt accordingly. If on the off chance your doctor believes that the surgery would lead to serious complications then refrain from getting it done.
Plastic surgery has its benefits but also its downfalls. So if you’re going to take that step, make sure to be responsible.
Get the best and trusted services here and I am sure you will love it
Poor health can turn down your appearance. I suggest that you try out Donor Action to get the best out of you.
All the plans here are affordable and that is the best part of availing services here. Thanks a ton to them.